Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Glass Jaw

So it's no secret among our friends and family that Step-On-Me likes to punch me every now and then.  When I say punch, I mean bring down the hammer - usually the punches land on my arms or chest.  I generally take it like a man (wincing only to add effect) and let her punch away.  However, I do punch back sometimes. . . . .  


Last fall was one of the more memorable moments of our relationship . . . .a punch to the forehead with a large stone ring.  Do you know what happens when you get punched in the face with a ring?  Dents.  Dents happen.  The rest of the evening I walked around with a large (literal) dent in the center of my forehead.   But it's cool.  I had my friends there to console me with ridicule and laughter.     


Sunday the punching escalated to downright abuse. . . . yours truly being the victim.  Step-On-Me went on one of her punching extravaganzas.  My mistake was teaching her to throw her back into it.  I tried to block the punches with with my shoulder, but failed.  Her clenched fist of fury sped towards my face and I took one on the chin.  The punch was solid.  So solid in fact that there was some jaw cracking as the punch landed.   The voice in my head said "You just got domestically  violenced!"  Shut up voice.  Be a man.  


Step-On-Me 1, mr. overly competitive 0


I keep losing somehow. . . . . 


  

2 comments:

  1. You may not be Marvin one night a week in front of others, but you are abused in the privacy of your own home.
    Everyone else 1, Marvin 0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many wings did you eat on Saturday? Binge and purges don't count dude.

    ReplyDelete