Monday, November 23, 2009

Line etiquette . . . .

Friday night . . . . . . I mean, Saturday morning at 1am or so, Step-On-Me and I headed up to my office to begin a long and arduous night of waiting.  You see, there was a Friends and Family sale going on and I made the mistake of telling Step-On-Me about said sale.  Bad, dog!


First some back history (not black history in case you read that quickly and misinterpreted):
This will be the 4th Friends and Family sale at Fossil I have gone to.  The first year I rolled up at about 3 in the afternoon to discover that the pickings were slim . . . . . mostly because some employees and each of their 14 children had ransacked the place hours earlier.  The second year, we showed up just prior to opening only to discover that we were 100 people back from the beginning of the line (this is the year we didn't come prepared and nearly froze).  Last year we rolled up around 5 in the morning and were a modest 10th in line (by the time the store opened we were pushed back to around 20th because of all of the spot saving going on. . . . .I think I even saw some Chinese Cuts occurring.


This year Step-On-Me insisted on getting there early.  I convinced her that midnight was short-bus retardedly early . . . . .so we got there at 1am which was only heavy speech-impediment early.  I had accepted the fact that I wasn't going to sleep that night and that my reward would be entering the sale first and possibly finding something for myself for once. 


But. . . .
Oh Contraire Mon Frere!


We ended up to be the 2nd group in line because someone's Grandma and Grandpa showed up at 10:30pm the previous night!  Really?  Somehow Grandma and Grandpa's kid shows up at 7 am with a couple friends and the employee and her 4 guests (limit was 2) rolled in ahead of us.  


mr. overly competitve 2 guests; Susie Cuts-a-lot 4 guests


No worries though, I found myself some product that was deal-worthy and got a bit of Christmas shopping done early.  We also avoided the line that rivaled any ladies' restroom line at a sporting event.  So . . . . .


I win.
mr. overly competitive

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your willingness to admit going to work at 1am represents a handicap (full-on short bus or speech impediment). Thats big of you.

    I slept in the comfort of my own bed and will probably have the chance to buy everything you did when they open the store on a daily basis next month. I win and you got worked by Gramps and his posse in the middle of the night! Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete