Thursday, May 13, 2010

Volcano Shmalcano

I've got the winningest win of all wins.  It wasn't necessarily a competitive victory.  But a win nonetheless.  It was pretty much one of those things that is a once in a lifetime thing.  Not to be confused with being awesome, which is pretty much an every day experience.  


I arrived at the airport Sunday to fly back to the States at about 8:00am for my 10:30am flight.  The day before we had been monitoring things since Spain was shut down because of the volcanic ash floating over-head.  You know, from Eyjafjallajokull volcano in Iceland.  Anyways, so I show up, the boards read "Your Screwed".  It might have just said "cancelled" or "awaiting information".  Either way I waited around Terminal style eating ketchup packets and saltines until my flight finally took off at 4.  Our flight plan took us up around to the north and over Iceland where we got to see this:
We weren't right on top of it, but how often do you get to see a bleepin' volcano that's not on the Discovery Channel (which is also awesome, by the way).  


Anyways, if that doesn't do anything for you, stop reading . . . . . . .No, just kidding.  Come back.  Please.  I can't afford to lose any readers.  Here, here's a gift for you.  It's up close and personal shots of the volcano.  Now, I know most of you will probably just skip over this link and go on to the next blog.  That's what I'd do.  But, don't.  They're pretty dope.  I swear it's worth the click.  Unless your life consists of following Britney Spears' braless crusades, you will appreciate them.  


MACGRUBER!!


I win.
mr. overly competitive

No comments:

Post a Comment