Monday, January 18, 2010

Devil Dog

I gotta puppy, I gotta puppy, I gotta puppy, hey Hey Hey HEY!  (If you can name the movie reference, you win a prize).


Dun Duh-du-DAAAAAHHH!  


She's an all white Boxer.  Not albino.  Not deaf.  She's about 9 months old (we think) and her name is Brooklyn.  We rescued her from NorCal Boxer Rescue.  


Now, on to the fun part of raising a puppy.  I thought "Why not get a puppy that's just a little older than that pooping, peeing, whining, chewing, hump-your-leg-like-it's-a-glory-hole puppy stage."  


Pee in the house ü(check)
Whining ü(check)


Puppy - 2; , mr. overly competitive's floor - 0


So, it wasn't all fairies and butterflies the first weekend, but she is pretty well behaved and trained fairly well for her age.  Sits on command, walks great on her leash, lays down, plays well with others, and hasn't defecated on our floor yet.  


But the most Ri-gosh-darn-dunculous part of this dog is her eyes:


Yes, that's right, she has one light-blue, cute-as-a-button eye and one dark brown/black, I'll-cut-you-in-your-sleep eye.  Now, it's really not as bad in person as you see from the first photos, but it is a little freak-on-a-leash.


In any case, I have a new moderately well behaved puppy so I think you know what's coming . . . . . .


I win,
mr. overly competitive

3 comments:

  1. We had a weenie dog that had one blue and one light brown with 1/4 of the brown one light blue.

    yours is pretty, and I applaud you for rescuing her.

    Congrads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Rascals..obvi

    She's presh. I had a dream last night I got a great dane puppy, and she peed and pooped EVERYWHERE, and I loved her, but secretly wanted to give her back...good luck with the poop scooping! I LOVE the name Brooklyn for a dog..or even a kid...hmmm

    ReplyDelete